We are giving away a total of 21 shirts here on Tumblr and the same again over on Facebook, making 42 tees altogether. Why 42? Why not? If it’s good enough to be the answer to life, the universe and everything then it’s good enough for us. So, that’s very nearly $1000 worth of FREE TEES we’re giving away!
There will be 3 winners here on Tumblr:
- 1st Prize: 12 awesome Aplentee t-shirts
- 2nd Prize: 6 awesome Aplentee t-shirts
- 3rd Prize: 3 awesome Aplentee t-shirts
and it’s the same set-up over on Facebook.
So how do you enter the giveaways?
On Tumblr it’s pretty simple:
Follow our Aplentee tumblr blog and reblog this post.
Each reblog of this post counts as an entry.
You can reblog more than once while the giveaway is running, but please be sensible and don’t spam!
Both giveaways run for the whole of October and the winners will be announced at the start of November. Entrants are welcome from anywhere in the world - we ship worldwide. Winners will be announced by posts on tumblr and Facebook and all winners will be announced in our newsletter so make sure you join. We also give away ONE FREE TEE EVERY WEEK to a lucky subscriber. Subscribe here.
Please also check out our other posts both here on tumblr and on our Facebook as we give away a lot of t-shirts so you may well find another giveaway to enter.
Of course, it would be awesome if as well as entering our giveaways you bought a t-shirt or two from us! We have new designs going on sale pretty much every week and we are almost always running some sort of special offer - you can regularly get FREE SHIPPING if you buy any 3 t-shirts for example. All the shirts we currently have available can be found here in our showcase.
I love my First Lady
Can you please tell her to tell her husband to stop killing muslims? Thanks
literally all she does is try to make the country “healthy” by giving students shitty school lunches like please do something else and help your husband fix the economy! *goes awf*
Imma need y’all to learn how the United States Government works. You don’t have to like her or the president but learn that they do not makes the decisions, they really do not have very much power, the president does not have the power to just snap his fingers and make shit happen or change things. You have to have 2/3 vote from congress to take a shit, let alone do anything having to do with government. The entire government was set up to make sure that exact thing could never happen, that is why there are 3 branches and that little thing called checks and balances.
In fact let me just break this down for y’all right here.
- President has 2 OFFICIAL jobs, Commander and Chief of the Armed Forces, but he only controls a limited amount of the funding for those troops (enough for 90 to 120 days) to engage these troops in combat. He CANNOT just declare war. only congress can declare war. The second, Accountant over the Federal Budget.
- He also is responsible for creating and balancing the national budget, but everything has to be approved by congress with a 2/3 vote.
- He signs bills into law, can veto them as well, however congress can override his veto.
- He assigns judges to the Supreme court, with the senates approval.
- He assigns foreign ambassadors, with the senates approval.
- he creates his own cabinet for people to research into areas that he might not have the time to, these are the only people who do not have to get approval from senate
- congress is made up of 535 people (100 senators 435 HoR) for any of them to come to 1 agreement has only happened once in the history of this country, and that was to go into WWII, and even that the house voted 434 to one (1st woman house of Representative she was from Maine too, she voted against WW1 and 2) and the judicial branch can call anything unconstitutional and kill it as well.
and if you think i’m lying you can literally google this shit in 2 seconds.
That tea is delicious
SAY THAT SHIT AGAIN!
I would love for people to remember this when they want to start blaming the president. Any president, though not all of them have had good ideas.
lemme get in here a sec.
The President needs a 2/3 vote in Congress to get practically anything done, right? Well currently, the 133th US Congress is split with 53 Democratic senators and 45 Republican senators and 201 Democratic representatives and 234 Republican representatives. That makes a pretty even split between the two major political parties. Ever since President Obama was elected into office, the Republicans have voted down every piece of legislation he’s attempted to pass, in an effort to pin him as the worst president in American history, so that they can go back to their white-washed elitist lives and keep all their hoarded money from the people. The President has been doing everything he can to change things, but he cannot do that without the approval of Congress. Remember that week-long shutdown we had? Yeah, that was because the Republicans weren’t getting exactly their way with the budget, so they decided to shut down the whole goddamn government until they got their way. The United States Government relies on compromise and agreement between the two parties, and we’re seriously lacking right now in that department.
So if you want to blame someone for our country’s issues, blame the goddamn Republicans for acting like tantrum-throwing two year olds.
Keeping up with this week’s icanhover love. My #tbt is from when I saw Snow Patrol for the 1st time in SLC in March 2007 (top left) and then again in Boise in Oct 2009 (bottom left) and met Gary (and some of the other guys) after.
Also included the blurry photo of us from Monday.
Snow Patrol has been my favorite band for the past 12 years and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.
May they be forever alone for their elitist douche-baggery.
I was recently interviewing the woman who founded Her Universe and we were talking specifically about women and geekdom. I asked about the rise of girls in geek culture and she very accurately corrected me: There is no “rise” of geek girls. We’ve always been here. Girls are just as nerdy as dudes are. Ladies have always been interested in sci fi and fantasy and video games - we just don’t talk about it a lot because men are assholes.
A little ‘Chocolate’ from icanhover show on Monday.
Have I said how amazing it was?
Sorry neighbors for playing ‘Out of the Woods’ by taylorswift on repeat while doing dishes.
There might also be kitchen dancing happening.
It’s a good thing my roommate is still at work. (Then again he would not believe I was doing this…he is the one that dances. I do not.)